Mentoring for Sports Administrators, Managers & Leaders
Do you work as a sports administrator / manager?
Are you good at what you do, but would like to get better at how you do it?
The Institute of Project Management has a limited number of opportunities for aspiring and innovative industry professionals to sharpen their project, program and event leadership skills through a bespoke mentoring program.
Am I eligible?
- Are you directly involved in a funded (approved) project, program or event that is either in the early stages of development or commencing soon?
- Will the substantial planning and delivery of the project, program or event take 6-12 months?
- Do you have the full support of your project’s sponsor?
- Or do you have multiple activities that, when taken together, meet these criteria?
If so, you are more than eligible for this opportunity – you are the ideal candidate!
How does it work?
The 12 month mentoring program is delivered one-on-one into your workplace, using YOUR projects, programs and events as ‘cases’ – there are no classes, text-books, quizzes, tests or exams.
Instead, our expert mentors work with you to consolidate your existing knowledge (your vast and hard-earned repository of common sense) and extend this with practical, relevant and timely tricks, tips and techniques.
You also receive full access to IPM Open – our extensive and ever-expanding library of contemporary project management resources and assets – and a 12-month subscription to MS Project Professional 2016,
What will I learn?
Our mentors are not just proven project leaders; you will be paired with someone with specific experience and expertise in sports management. Over the course of your partnership, you will learn and apply:
- Business case and grant development
- Stakeholder identification and management
- Project and program initiation
- Comprehensive planning, including defining scope, scheduling and budgeting
- Risk, issue and opportunity management
- Sourcing and administering contracts, contractors and procurements
- Leadership principles and practice
- Strategic change management, and
- Forensic auditing and review
DR DAVE ARTHUR
What will I receive?
At the end of the program, we’ll have you ready to graduate with the following nationally accredited qualifications:
These IPM qualifications are endorsed by a number of Australia’s leading Universities, who recognise them for direct entry and/or advanced standing to under- and post-graduate degrees.
How much does it cost?
According to Study in Australia, the official government site for prospective tertiary students, typical annual tuition fees for a Bachelor’s degree range between AU$15,000 to AU$33,000.
Administration fees, texts and other resources are additionally charged.
Our wholly bespoke mentoring program is equivalent to (and recognised by many institutions as) one year of University study, and only costs AU$12,000 with nothing more to pay.
And as with a University education, if you enrol before December 7, 2016, you may be eligible able to access the Australian Government’s study now, pay later program – VET FEE-HELP.
Under VET FEE-HELP, the Australian government effectively loans you the program fees, and you repay them in gradual increments via the tax system once your annual income exceeds $54,869.
Our VET FEE-HELP administrative partner is the Global Training Institute (RTO 31192).